D- Block, Janak Puri, New Delhi-110058
Deepalaya is an ISO 9001:2008 certified non – government organisation that believes in enabling self reliance and is committed to working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor, with a special focus on women and children. The NGO was started on July 16th 1979 by seven founding members, and for more than three decades, has been contributing to the crusade against illiteracy. Over the years, Deepalaya has established several projects in the areas of Education (Formal/Non-Formal/Remedial), Women Empowerment (reproductive health, SHG, Micro-finance), Institutional care, Community Health, Vocational Training and Differently-Abled. These projects are operational in Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Deepalaya actively performs the Human Resource Planning in our organization and hence attract and retain the best available Human Resources (mean “Assets” to us).
Reporting: Executive Director
- Carry out integrated planning and budgeting for assigned programs.
- Direct and coordinate for effective implementation of Program and effective evaluation.
- Monitoring and Periodically reporting (M&E)
- Capacity building of staff from M&E perspective
- Project designing, planning & implementation within specified timelines.
- Proposal writing
- Data Analysis, Strategic Planning & Budgeting
- Carry out integrated planning and budgeting for various programs
- Consult the supervisor on all policy matters
- Carry out program planning and individual staff planning
- Review budgeting guidelines with the Finance Department and other concerned staff
- Explore avenues for growth and expansion of Project in existing areas, identify new areas, recommend and contribute to corporate level decision making
- Work towards preparation of need based budgets by all key functionaries and the consolidation of departmental budget by the Accounts Officer
Effecting implementation of programs:
- Direct and coordinate staff of the project for effective implementation and achievement of laid down objectives and programmes
- Establish and ensure maintenance of effective linkages with various government and non-government agencies/ institutions as well as individuals/ specialists
- Ensure effective coordination amongst different sections/sectors in the achievement of sector objectives
- Coordinate with the sector Program in charges to ensure quality and consistency of program activities and review performance periodically.
- Hold meetings with community representatives to review progress of program
- Periodically visit and examine and examine field locations/ centers to provide necessary guidance, encouragement and support to staff
- Coordinate other projects like gender equity, disability program and other issue areas
- Supervise program in charges to ensure effective implementation of programs
Monitoring & periodic reporting:
- Regular and periodic documentation on the progress and effectiveness of the ongoing program
- Monitor the overall financial position of the project exercise budgetary control with the help of finance officer
Coordinate regularly with communication department regarding news and other related information.
- Periodically review the effectiveness of project policies systems and procedures and initiate necessary changes in consultation with department head
- Data Management of all programs other than SHG. (Data Collection, Sorting, analysis, and impact study)
- building up stories and case studies
Staff training & development programs:
- Supervise and facilitate people to do their jobs to the best of their capacities.
- Devise innovative techniques and methods for staff development and program implementation
- Periodically appraise performance of staff and provide them with meaningful feed back through performance counseling
- Work towards having an effective animating social entrepreneurs
- Perform any other activities as required or assigned.
- Comprehensive understanding of socially deprived vulnerable sections of society and their empowerment and inclusion
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to represent at various forums and at events;
- Strong analytical & decision making skills
- Great leadership abilities
- Innovative & ability of multi-tasking effectively
- Computer savvy
Qualification & Experience: Master’s in Social Work or relevant field with minimum 8 years management experience
How to Apply
Eligible candidates interested in the above mentioned position are requested to submit their updated resume along with cover note stating current salary drawn and expected salary to email@example.com latest by March 05, 2019.
Kindly mention the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
We would revert to the candidate once he/she is short-listed for the further process and hence feedback would be provided only to the selected candidates