Deepalaya Special Unit, Sanjay Colony, Okhla, New Delhi
Deepalaya is an ISO 9001:2008 certified non – government organization that believes in enabling self reliance and is committed to working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor, with a special focus on women and children.
The NGO was started on July 16th 1979 by seven founding members, and for more than three decades, has been contributing to the crusade against illiteracy. Over the years, Deepalaya has established several projects in the areas of Education (Formal/Non-Formal/Remedial), Women Empowerment (reproductive health, SHG, Micro-finance), Institutional care, Community health, Vocational training and Differently Abled. These projects are operational in Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Intervention Strategies
- Assessment of beneficiaries for the required interventions.
• Physiotherapy intervention to centre based as well as home based beneficiaries.
• Functional assessment and management. Functional awareness to clients and care givers
• Preparing long term and short term goals and evaluation accordingly on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Providing training for using Aids and Appliances (wheelchair, crutches, canes etc).
- Community Visits
- Regular community visits to motivate Differently Abled beneficiaries for exercises according to their requirements and provide services to home based differently abled beneficiaries.
• Establish a good rapport with the community and create awareness to differently abled people and identification of new beneficiaries.
• To disseminate knowledge related to prevention, management and rehabilitation strategies in the community.
- Documentation and maintenance of records of beneficiaries
• Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Documenting goals and evaluations.
- Networking and Linkages
• To create network with the government and non government organization for the benefit of the differently abled beneficiaries.
• Pre-vocational exploration to determine the clients physical capacities, interests, work habits, skills and potential employability.
- The candidate must be willing to work with children with special needs
- Adherence to Deepalaya ethics, systems & procedures
- Any other responsibility as assigned by management
Qualification and Experience: Masters degree in Physiotherapy and 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in the same capacity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their updated CV along with a Cover letter to HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should contain the following information:
1. Current organization and location
2. Present Salary
3. Joining Period