Director – Program
Deepalaya, Corporate Office, Janakpuri
Deepalaya is an ISO 9001:2008 certified non – government organisation that believes in enabling self reliance and is committed to working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor, with a special focus on women and children. The NGO was started on July 16th 1979 by seven founding members, and for more than three decades, has been contributing to the crusade against illiteracy. Over the years, Deepalaya has established several projects in the areas of Education (Formal/Non-Formal/Remedial), Women Empowerment (reproductive health, SHG, Micro-finance), Institutional care, Community Health, Vocational Training and Differently-Abled. These projects are operational in Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Deepalaya actively performs the Human Resource Planning in our organization and hence attract and retain the best available Human Resources (mean “Assets” to us).
Reporting: Executive Director
- Management and Administration of Programs.
- Ensuring that the objectives, targets set are clearly understood by all Project Teams.
- Plan strategies and methodologies for timely successful implementation and apportion responsibilities within teams in consultation with Project In –charge.
- Evolve effective monitoring tools and monitor the implementation of the Program activities.
- Review the target achievements both in terms of quantity and quality.
- Provide necessary inputs to project units as required for efficient planning and implementation.
- Facilitate the process of drawing job responsibilities of individual team members.
- Maintain proper coordination with the Management.
- Feedback Reporting.
- Submit reports to the supervisor as prescribed and also regular feedback to the supervisor on overall Program implementation and strategies effectively used.
- Ensure reports due to be submitted to the Funding Agencies are submitted in time.
- Capacity Building
- Provide necessary professional inputs and training in subject matters, finance, report writing and submission self-evaluation etc. with a view to improve the capacity of each staff in the project team.
- Ensure that the job responsibilities assigned to each member is discharged efficiently.
- Ensure correct and objective feedback to the team members during the review sessions.
- Obtain periodical reports and arrange necessary training in report writing.
- Keep the team members familiarized of policies and procedures of the Organization.
- Motivate the team members for open interaction with the supervisors.
- Linkages and Proposal formulation.
- Identifying new donors.
- Establish Linkages in professional area.
- Formulate new and innovative proposal.
- Market proposals new and mobilize resources.
- Other related activities.
- Giving necessary inputs and training to program staff for preparing Annual Budgets.
- Assist in budget controls and monitoring.
- Ensuring timely submission of financial as well as narrative reports to the Funding Agency / Corporate Office.
- Ensure detainment of data and reports to formulate annual report.
- Any other assignment given by the supervisor.
- Comprehensive understanding of socially deprived vulnerable sections of society and their empowerment and inclusion.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Great communication skills, including the ability to represent the organization at various forums and at events.
- Excellent writing and drafting skills.
- Strong analytical & decision making skills.
- Innovative & ability of multi-tasking effectively.
- Computer savvy.
Qualification & Experience: Masters in Social Work and relevant field with more than 10 years of management experience.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates interested in the above mentioned position are requested to submit their updated resume along with cover note stating current salary drawn and expected salary to email@example.com latest by August 10, 2019.
Kindly mention the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
We would revert to the candidate once he/she is short-listed for the further process and hence feedback would be provided only to the selected candidates.