Job Title - Children Home In-Charge
Job Code - 170901
Job Location - Children Home, Deepalaya Gram Gusbethi, Haryana
Position – 1
Deepalaya is an ISO 9001:2008 certified non - government organization that believes in enabling self reliance and is committed to working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor, with a special focus on women and children.
The NGO was started on July 16th 1979 by seven founding members, and for more than three decades, has been contributing to the crusade against illiteracy. Over the years, Deepalaya has established several projects in the areas of Education (Formal/Non-Formal/Remedial), Women Empowerment (reproductive health, SHG, Micro-finance), Institutional care, Community health, Vocational training and Differently Abled. These projects are operational in Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Responsible for the overall operations of Deepalaya Children Home (boys and girls hostel). Also have responsibility of improving the education standards, cleanliness and hygiene practices. The in-charge will also be responsible for create safe, secure and healthy environment for the hostel children.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality child protection services to children. Overseeing that child protection services that are provided comply with relevant legislation, delegations, policies and quality standards.
- Promoting brother- sister- parent concept among the children
- Providing parental guidance and understanding the children without any discrimination on sex, religion or creed.
- Support counselor in managing complex/sensitive cases pertaining to children home.
- Implement quality service and practice systems and standards.
- Continue to enable excelling in education/sports/latent talents and other extra-curricular activities in children home.
- Continue to improve quality and standards of education. Provide career guidance to the children.
- To ensure that children are given platform to perform and display their latent talent
- Ensure that the health and hygiene practices are being followed
- Rehabilitation of the children attaining 18 years of age
- To work as a team and provide support to departmental officials in the delivery of collaborative frontline child protection services to children
- Efforts to obtain permissions and certifications, if required, from appropriate authorities etc. followed up and accomplished as required. Maintaining good liaison, order, honesty and discipline as per norms.
- Follow an inbuilt review, monitoring and cross checking mechanism in system implementation so as to prevent any misuse of resources and enhance honesty, transparency and accountability.
- Supervise and facilitate team to do their jobs to the best of their capacities.
- Practice strictly submission of weekly/monthly/quarterly/half yearly and annual reports/feedback both narrative and financial as per norms and donor/funding agency requirements.
Provide support in other tasks related to the smooth functioning of Deepalaya Children Home, Gusbethi as an when asked by the management.
Qualification: Masters in Social Work