Location : Deepalaya Gram, Gusbethi Village, Haryana
Contact Person : Mr Nalin
Contact Number : 08059431527
Commenced From Year : 2000
Beneficiary Number : 108 children
Under the Institutional Care program, Deepalaya seeks to provide shelter, care, homely atmosphere and a dignified to children from difficult circumstances like street and run-away children, victims of child abuse, children of lifetime convicts, -Ve children of HIV/ AIDS +Ve parents, children of sex workers, and other vulnerable categories. The program started with only 19 children in 2000 and today has grown to reach out to a total of 108 children (65 boys and 43 girls).
All the children in Institutional Care attend regular school. Apart from learning at school the children are provided with remedial education at the hostel. Regular health check up is conducted to keep a track of their healthy well being. The daily time table at the hostel is designed in such a way that it includes scope for rest, academics, play and recreation. Inter house competitions in the hostel Keep the students on their toes and brings out their hidden talents.
The children also have a regular contact with their families. Parents/ Guardians are encouraged to call the students twice a month, meet them twice a year and take them out for short breaks.
Highlights of the year
- Rajni and Reena participated in Mewat District Women's Sports Competition and won 3rd in the 100m and 2nd in the 200m and 400m race, 3rd in 800m race, and 3rd position in the shotput competition.
- Rajni and Anjum of 9th Grade bagged the First position in the 100m, 200m and 400 m race, and third prize in the 200 m Race at the Inter School Block level Sports Competition.
- The football team won the Football series at the District level Games held at Mewat
- Jitender won Gold Medal in the 400 m race and silver medal in the 100 m race at District level Games held at Mewat.
- Some of the earliest enrolments Shankar, Ashique, Raju Tilakraj, Raju Kumar completed secondary school (through the NIOS) and have enrolled for senior secondary examinations. While Ashique has also completed a Diploma Course in Hardware and Web Designing, the others completed a Course in Computer Applications.
- Ravi Malhotra, who was recruited some years ago, completed secondary school through the CBSE with a B+ grade. He has now enrolled in Grade XI at the Mewat Model School, Tavru.
- The Deepalaya Band- one of the Band of its kind in the immediate vicinity, performed at the Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations organized by the Haryana State Dept.