Deepalaya School, Gusbethi
A short drive away from Gurgaon lies Mewat. Situated among the fringe districts of Haryana, it is no surprise that this region lies mostly forgotten by the rest of the world. This harsh land is devoid of industrialisation and due to the lack of development in the area; illiteracy is rampant among the thousands of villages and countless men, women and children that call Mewat home. Gusbethi is one such village in Mewat with a very high illiteracy rate.
Deepalaya School, Gusbethi, was started in the year 1998. The school has completed more than 19 glorious years of service, working for the cause of education with a sound track record and is recognized as one of the ripple-making schools of Mewat district. The school has been carrying on the torch of knowledge through value education and character formation with dignity and grandeur.
Deepalaya School is a formal educational institution recognized by the Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE), providing a sense of self-reliance through education into an otherwise backward area that relies on agriculture and daily wages for its survival.
Aims and Values Deepalaya School, Gusbethi
Literate and educated people are a prerequisite for developing the society. Access to education acts as a catalyst to change. The school aims to:
- Develop every child’s potential power of learning and the powers of critical independent thought.
- Provide the child with the skills of communication.
- Depart knowledge and understanding of the environment in which a child lives, including recognition of the interdependence of man in his various activities upon his fellow men and the physical world around him.
- To induce sensitiveness of perception, receptiveness to new ideas and imaginative sympathy with the experiences of others.
- To inculcate and to cultivate basic attitudes such as tolerance, independence, flexibility of mind, humility in the face of the wonders of nature, respect for everyone, their beliefs and values and a respect for manual work etc.
- To enable the child to develop independence, confidence and self-reliance.
- To produce an awareness of the mainstream of our cultural and literary and scientific traditions.
- To make available important bodies of knowledge concerning nature, society, country and its history and cultivate an intelligent loyalty to the ideals of the democratic community.
- To strengthen those inner resources and traits of character, which enable the individual, when necessary, to standalone to face the challenges of life.
School facilities and procedures
- Classes from LKG to class Xth
- 24 classrooms with a library and a computer room
- HBSE course is followed. The coursework is divided into 10 class tests, 4 unit tests and 2 sets of exams
- Recognised with Haryana Board of School Education
- Overall personality development through various extra-curricular activities, sports education
- Active Baal Sabha to inculcate a sense of responsibility amongst children and to hone their inner strengths.
Recent achievements (administrative, academic or co-curricular):
- Notable decrease in the drop out and absentee rate
- The students participated in various cultural activities
- Several plantation drives were held by the students.
- Enrollment has increased to 1085 children as on 30.09.2017.
- Considerable change in the attitude of people towards girl child education
- Three of our children won in district-level competitions
Contact Person: Dr. Manoj Kumar N J
Contact number: 8570848452